Did you get off track this Halloween? Even when you’re working with a weight loss center to achieve your diet goals, holidays can be very tempting. If you succumbed to a night of overeating, drinking or too much sugar, here are a few tips for recovering and getting back on track with your healthy habits.
1. Ditch the goods. If you have leftover bags of candy or other Halloween treats, toss them, bring them to the office or give them to a shelter. It’s essential to remove them as soon as possible.
2. Get moving. It’s important to rev your metabolism as soon and sweat out all the bad stuff you consumed over the weekend. Try to hit the gym for an intense workout or go for a run as soon as you can. The endorphins you release will help compensate for the sugar high your body may be missing after a night or weekend of indulgence.
3. Return to your normal routine. Recommit to your normal meal plan and pattern of eating as soon as you can. This will help regulate your blood sugar so that you don’t experience those spikes and crashes that make you experience cravings that are a threat to your diet.
4. Rehydrate. Make rehydration a priority the next few days. This will help you flush out all the toxins and the bad stuff you consumed.
5. Boost your intake of produce. We always recommend that clients of our weight loss center strive to eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies when they’re trying to lose weight. Strive to increase consumption after a decadent weekend to help undo some of the damage and keep your appetite satiated.