As we all know by now, one of the best ways to enhance diets and weight management programs is to work out regularly. A solid exercise program will boost and expedite your efforts while improving your overall health. Below are some tips for maximizing those workouts so you can hit your weight loss goal that much faster. If you are just starting to exercise after a hiatus, please be sure to check with your weight loss physician to make sure it is safe for you to work out.
1. Get support. Either enlist a workout buddy or invest in a trainer. A workout buddy will help you stay committed to your plan—you’ll be less apt to leave someone else hanging when you made an appointment to meet for a run. Hiring a trainer is a great investment as they’ll help you develop the most efficient workout and properly set goals, while teaching you new exercises and keeping you motivated.
2. Mix it up. Don’t get stuck in an exercise rut—it’s the quickest path to a plateau. Choose different types of workouts for your week, such as two days of strength training, three days of cardio, one exercise class, a run or a walk—you get the drift. You’ll prevent burnout and target a wider range of muscles than if you stuck to the same workout each day. Ask your medical weight loss physician for suggestions if you are new to the exercise game.
3. Exercise in the morning. Research shows that morning workouts are most effective for the majority. You’ll rev your metabolism for the day and won’t hit that unexpected midday obstacle that makes it difficult to maintain your workout commitment.
4. Focus on intensity. Intensity is more important than duration. Find and maintain the right level throughout your session to maximize your calorie burn. Remember to challenge yourself, but don’t overdo it or put yourself at risk for injury.
5. Get out of your comfort zone. If your workout is too easy, it’s not effective. You can tell that you’re too deep in your comfort zone if you’re not sweating. When you recognize this happening during your workout, step up both the intensity and duration and mix it up even more!
Visit this link to learn more about our weight management plans.