How are your New Year’s resolutions going? Believe it or not, many people have already fallen off the wagon. Even if you’ve had a bad day or two, don’t give up. Never give up! For members of our easy weight loss management programs, we promote adopting of a healthy lifestyle rather than a strict diet that is difficult to stick to. This makes it easier to maintain results over the long term and improves overall health.
Below are some easy-to-implement changes that can help you transform your lifestyle and achieve the results that you want.
1. Try new things. Each week, try something new that you know is healthy for you. Make a stop at the juice bar and load up on a green medley. Get a steamer and try it out every day for a week. Hide your keys for the weekend and walk everywhere you need to go. Take a new exercise class that you’ve never even heard of. Whatever you accomplish will serve as inspiration and fuel your motivation for coming weeks.
2. Drink tea every day. The benefits of green and white tea, as well as many other types, have shown to improve health and boost metabolism. Don’t miss out on the bevy of benefits—sip one to two cups a day. The good news is, you’re not taking anything out of your diet—just adding.
3. Move weight. Strength training is one of the oldest and most proven ways to burn fat and calories. Get weight lifting or resistance training into your routine, even if it’s just two days a week. You’ll build muscle, promote stronger bones and even boost your mood.
4. Take the stairs. Whether at your apartment building or office, take the stairs at least once a day. Over time, it will help tone your muscles and can offset the average one to two pounds Americans gain every year.
5. Eat more lean protein. The real key to weight loss is to boost your consumption of lean protein. It fills you up longer than carbs, promotes healthy digestion and boosts your lean muscle mass, which in turn, increases the number of calories we burn per day.
For more information on our easy weight loss management programs, visit this link.